TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect will depend on the services you request and, if you are a client, the nature of our representation or your case. The table below describes some of the categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect about you:
|A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information||Contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, mailing address, job title, and organization.|
Identifiers, such as client ID, username, IP address, device ID, and other online identifiers that may be collected automatically when you use the Platform.
Demographic information, such as date of birth and general location information like city, state, and geographic area.
|B. Sensitive Personal Information||Government ID numbers, such as Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and other identification information.|
Financial information, such as financial account numbers, wiring instructions, insurance policy numbers, invoices, and other payment or bank account details.
Medical information, such as doctor’s notes, treatment plans, medical conditions, prescription medicines, insurance documentation, doctor visit information, daily symptom reporting, and other records and information.
|C. Geolocation Data||Precise physical location, which we may collect via the App if you consent to that collection through the App.|
|D. Sensory Data||Call recordings, such as our recordings of calls you make to our customer service team.|
Other sensory data, such as any audio recordings, photographs, videos, or similar data that may be provided as part of a case file.
|E. Biometric Information||Biometric information, such as facial scans or fingerprint scans if you opt-in to using this information for logging in or authenticating your account on the App.|
|F. Commercial Information||Representation information, such as details about your claim, case, or other legal matter, the distribution of settlement of other payments to you (if applicable).|
Account information, such as the username and password you provide when you register for an account and any information stored or transmitted in your account or profile.
Communications, such as when you call or email us, confidential and privileged communications that you may make with our attorneys, and your conversations with our digital chat services.
|G. Internet or Network Activity||Online activity information, such as linking pages, pages or screens viewed, time spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access, and other online activity information.|
Device information, such as computer and mobile operating system, operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, general location information such as city, state, or geographic area, and other device information collected automatically.
|H. Professional or Employment-Related Information||Job application information, such as your resume or CV, background check information, references, and other information.|
Employment information, such as title, role, employer, employment history, current or past job history, and other professional information.
|I. Education Information||Education records, such as transcripts or education history.|
|J. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information||Profiles reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.|
We may collect the categories of personal information described above from the following sources:
- Personal Information You Provide Us. We collect the personal information that you provide to us while using our Platform, including contacting us, creating an account, applying for a position, or otherwise. Further, where expressly designated by QTT, some portions of the Services may be used by active QTT clients to communicate pursuant to an attorney/client relationship. You may choose whether or not to provide such information; however, the information may be required to respond to your request.
- To facilitate the automatic collection described above, we may use the following technologies:
- Pixels. Pixels, which are also known as “web beacons,” or “clear GIFs,” are typically used to determine whether a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked. Data collected from pixels is often used to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of email marketing campaigns.
- SDKs. Software development kits, or “SDKs,” are third-party computer codes used in connection with the App for a variety purposes, including to provide analytics regarding the use of the App, integrate with social media, add features or functionality to the App, or facilitate online advertising. SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly via the App.
- To facilitate the automatic collection described above, we may use the following technologies:
- Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may also collect or receive personal information from third parties, which may include:
- Our business partners, such as third-party data providers and advertising partners.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms and publicly-available records.
- Individuals or entities involved in our clients’ legal matters, such as doctors, other parties, and other individuals that you may direct to provide us with information.
- Referral sources, such as members of our referral network, website submissions, and other referral sources.
We may use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics in order to better understand your use of our Platform and how we can improve them. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other usage information. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To prevent data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the opt-out browser add-on at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To Provide Our Platform. We use personal information to provide our services, including the Platform. For example, we use personal information:
- to facilitate your requests for a free case evaluation and determine your legal needs;
- to provide you with legal and other services, content, and features you request;
- to create, manage, and monitor your account;
- to respond to your inquiries and communicate with you, including placing calls or sending texts using any automated technology, including prerecorded messages;
- to operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Platform;
- to process your transactions, invoices, and settlement payments;
- to understand your interests, personalize your experience on the Platform, and deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests;
- respond to your inquiries and requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses; and
- enable security features of the Platform, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in.
- For Direct Marketing. We may use your personal information to send you newsletters, legal updates, event information, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you.
- For Research and Development. We use personal information for research and development purposes and to understand how people are using the Platform, including by generating and analyzing statistics, preferences, and usage trends, to make our Platform and other offerings better, diagnose technical issues, and develop new features and functionality. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Platform and promote our business.
- For Hiring Purposes. If you apply to one of our open positions, submit application information or inquire about a position, we will use your personal information as part of the evaluation, recruitment, and hiring of personnel, including conducting background checks and contacting references.
- For Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety.
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes;
- to protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- to maintain the security and integrity of our business, the Platform, users, our third party business partners and service providers our databases and other technology assets;
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Service Providers. QTT may share your personal information with third-party service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers.
- Other Law Firms or Lawyers. QTT may share, at your direction or with your permission, your personal information with other law firms and/or other lawyers where we jointly represent a client and when we refer cases or potential cases to other counsel, or as otherwise required in connection with our legal representation of you. Personal information provided pursuant to an attorney/client relationship may not be shared with third parties except as is done with such precautions to preserve the confidentiality of such information and any attorney/client privilege as may attach to such information.
- Business Transactions. QTT may disclose your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction (or potential transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, financing, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale, spin-off, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, QTT or our related companies (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal information to our professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Consent. QTT may otherwise disclose your Personal Information in accordance with your consent.
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address provided below in “Contact Us”. The electronic marketing communications we send may also contain an opt-out mechanism. Please note that it may take up to 10 calendar days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request. Please also contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.
- Text Messages. We may offer communications via SMS texts or similar technology sent by QTT or our service providers, such as when we send you text messages for customer service, account-related, or marketing purposes. To stop receiving text messages from a short code operated by QTT, reply STOP. Note that we may send you a message to confirm receipt of your STOP request. Message and data rates may apply for this service. You can also opt-out of QTT marketing texts by emailing us your request and mobile telephone number to email@example.com.
- Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Platform and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Advertising Choices. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and are subject to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can obtain more information about these companies’ information collection practices and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and/or the DAA’s website at optout.aboutads.info. You can also limit collection of your information for interest-based ads by blocking third party cookies in your browser settings or using privacy plug-ins or ad blocking software that help you block third party cookies. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you. Some of the third party advertising companies we may work with offer their own opt-out options that you can use to limit their use of your information for interest-based advertising. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms, such as Google (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/about/ads), or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
- Declining to Provide Information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
QTT takes commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect the personal information we collect. Nevertheless, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
USING THE PLATFORM FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information online from children under the age of 16. Please contact us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have collected such information.
Telephone: (407) 452-4918
Mail: Quattrochi, Torres and Taormina, PA, 950 S. Winter Park Dr. Ste. 207, Casselberry, FL 32707
LAST UPDATED: 10/23/2022