Personal Injury FAQ

Personal Injury FAQ

Personal Injury FAQ

Who Has the Right to File a Personal Injury Claim?

People who are injured by the negligence of others can file personal injury claims to recover for their injury-related losses. Under Florida law, negligence occurs when a person fails to use the degree of care that would ordinarily be used by a reasonable person in the same circumstances. Examples of events that often lead to valid personal injury claims include:

  • Car accidents
  • Slip and fall accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • Pedestrian accidents
  • Bicycle accidents
  • Truck accidents
  • Recreational accidents

What Kinds of Losses are Compensable?

Florida law allows personal injury victims to recover for both their economic and non-economic losses. Examples of the kinds of losses that victims often pursue in personal injury claims include:

  • Property damage
  • Physical and emotional pain and suffering
  • Ongoing rehabilitative costs
  • Lost income
  • Lost quality of life
  • Medical expenses

How Can an Attorney Help Me Recover Compensation?

Many people wonder why they need to retain an attorney when their case is likely resolved through a settlement agreement with the at-fault party’s insurance company. The reality is that the insurance company is not on your side and will do everything they can to settle your case for as little as they can, including taking advantage of the fact that you may not know how much your case is actually worth. In fact, if they can find anyway to deny your claim entirely, there is a good chance that they will do so.By retaining a lawyer, you can rest assured that you have an advocate in your corner who understands personal injury litigation and will protect your rights throughout the settlement process.

Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Longwood for Free Today

If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you should speak to an experienced attorney as soon as you can. To schedule your free consultation with a lawyer at Quattrochi & Torres, call 407.452.4918 or contact us online.