Keep Bike Safety in Mind this Month
May is National Bicycle Safety Month, and with good reason. With much of the country coming out of the cold winter months, many adults and children alike are getting their bikes out and hitting the road. Unfortunately, as fun as it is, cycling exposes people to a risk of serious injury in the event of an accident. If you have been injured in an accident while riding, call us today to speak to a bicycle accident lawyer in Oviedo.
Be a “Roll Model”
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) urges everyone on the road to be a “Roll Model” – whether they are driving or riding. This means:
- Never driving or riding distracted
- Being ready for unexpected situations
- Always wear a helmet when riding and a seatbelt in the car
- Follow the rules of the road
- Expect law enforcement to monitor driver and cyclist traffic
- Share the road
What to Do in the Event of a Bicycle Accident
Unfortunately, accidents are going to occur even under the best of circumstances. In the event that you are hurt in a bicycle accident, there are certain things that you should do to protect your rights:
- Seek medical attention. It’s critical for your health and your case that a doctor or other healthcare professional evaluates you soon after your accident.
- Do not accept a settlement or provide the insurance company with a recorded statement before talking to an attorney.
- Do not discuss your case on social media. In fact, it’s not a bad idea to avoid social media altogether.
- Call a lawyer as soon as you can.
Contact an Experienced Casselberry and Oviedo Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you have suffered injuries in a bicycle caused by someone else, you should contact an attorney right away. At Quattrochi & Torres, we know how to get bicycle accident victims the compensation they deserve under Florida law. Contact us online or call 407.452.4918 to schedule a free case evaluation with a lawyer.